Wednesday, January 11, 2012

physiology of brain freeze!I passed out and fell after eating ice cream at McDonald's. What's up Doc?

I went out like a light and fell backwards... I woke up in a minute with somebody asking me if I was alright.
Sure would like to know the Physiology of "Brain Freeze" as my friends have called it, or at least what Medical School Required Textbook it's in.

Outa be a warning on this stuff, ice cream that is, sheesh!
That isn't "Brain Freeze." "Brain Freeze" is just a tingly sensation you get when the cold send chills up your spine.

What you might have had is a seizure, an embolism, or an allergic reation. You should see a doctor.
The first thing I thought of when I read your question was "diabetes." Have you ever had problems when eating sugary foods before?

The second thing I thought of was somphysiology of brain freezee sort of lactose allergy.

Either way, it's not normal. Go to the doctor ASAP!
It could deal with your heart go to your doctor and get that check out
Well I would ask my doctor! I dont think Mc d uses real ice cream its a yogert or custard, Brain freaze is just a really sharp short headache...go to the doc and have him/her check you out..
Please do it may be nothing but i am not a doc!
Firstly, i highly doubt it was caused by the ice cream itself. Quite unlikely really.
If it was, its either physical or chemical.
If it was physical, its to do with the sudden temperature change. It kinda sends shock signals to the brain pretty much the same as an electrocution would go, but of course to a far lesser extent. This may have caused it.
Chephysiology of brain freezemical factors may also come into play. For example, if youre immune system has an antibody to a certain chemical in a large concentration, it would cause almost adverse reactions. So the ice cream may have contained peanuts or sumthing your body is extremely sensitive to.
No matter which explanation is most correct, the fact is that its still pretty unusual what youve been through,
You probably had whats called a vaso-vagal. Similiar to when people get frightened or receive bad news. Stimulation of the 10th cranial nerve slows the heart rate and drops the blood pressure. Lay down and put your feet up and it will resolve. If it doesn't it may be a cardiac problem, see a doctor.
Your metabolism must suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment