Monday, January 9, 2012

dell appliance!Dell MP3 Player Accessories

I am being given a Dell MP3 player for my birthday and the sole reason that I wanted it is to listen to it in my car. I just realized that when I asked for the MP3 player, I failed to mention that I wanted a cord to hook it up to my car stereo. Most appliances (such as computers and printers) that are Dell require that you can only order parts (such as catridges and toner) directly from Dell. Does anyone know if MP3 players come with the car stereo adaptor, or will I have to order it from Dell?
The Zen Sleek is actually manufactured by Creative for Dell.

Accessories are pretty standard and can work interchangeably.

If your car stereo has an AUX/MP3 set of "RCA" input jacks, you can use a 3.5mm to RCA stereo adapter to make the connection from the headphone jack to your stereo.


If your Car Stereo doesn't have an AUX/MP3 set of dell applianceinput jacks, but it has a cassette player, the best cassette adapter that I've found is the Sony CPA-9C cassette adapter. The Belkin and Memorex I tried just didn't cut it from a sound quality or mechanical quality perspective.


I gave up on FM transmitters trying to connect to cars. Generally the ones you install don't work very well and rely on finding an empty FM "channel' or frequency and that is very tough to do in an urban area like where I live.

You can also find accessories from Creative:


Yahoo Shopping has a bunch of other accessories listed for the Zen Sleek:


You don't have to buy your music from Dell. Here's a list of music sources for your new player:

On the web



You can go to walmart and get a belkin brand adapter, but let me tell you this DO NOT getdell appliance the radio transmmitor they will work fine at first but you'll be throwing your money away there other types of brands, but I would recommend the adapter that you insert in your cassett player although more old school I think they last longer and they don't cut out all the time. Dell is a little more expensive and they send you the same thing you'd get a Walmart. I bought 2 dj's from Dell and have had them replaced they aren't very good when it comes to quality sorry to say but good luck...
If you have a cassette player in your car you can just buy a car kit from Walmart or something and it should be about $15 or so. It will have something like a cassette which you put in your stereo and a cable hanging out which you plug into the MP3 player in the headphone jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment