Sunday, December 18, 2011

verizon with free msn premium!Spy Sweeper. Installation question/issue.?

So I got a trial version of Webroot's Spy Sweeper with my computer. I'm also a Verizon & MSN Premium customer so I get a free subscription to Spy Sweeper through them.

The trial version of Spy Sweeper expired. When I tried to install my subscription, I got a message saying that there was a more recent version of the program already installed on my computer.

Should I keep the newer version, though I can't update it. And probably won't be able to get it back if I remove it.

Or should I install the one from Veverizon with free msn premiumrizon and MSN?
Why use any paid product when the following products do just as well if not better and are FREE!

ClamWin
AVG
AVAST
Ad-Adware 2007
Spybot Search & Destroy

Others not listed:



No one program can catch all the malware that can be put on your computer. The ones I've listed allow you to set up non-conflicting schedules to scan either the complete Hard Drive and/or folders/files.

Ron
Yes, the things suggested by Ron are safe and legal (and quite often recommended).

I would suggest using whicheverizon with free msn premiumver security software you find the most usable AND is updated. It is very, very important to keep ANY security software up to date.

I like Spy Sweeper and used to have a subscription but have since switched to other programs. Some testing and rating organizations indicate that some of the paid versions of security software are slightly more robust than the free programs but the differences may be minimal.

The most effective security is the one which you will use and keep updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment